Please note this website may contain links to other websites which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of this site.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE AND GIVING YOUR INFORMATION TO US, YOU INDICATE YOUR CONSENT TO US, OUR GROUP AND THIRD PARTIES COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS SET OUT IN THIS POLICY.
Betterlifehealthcare Ltd will not sell your personal details to anyone. We may use your information to contact you about relevant services or products from our group companies.
Freedom of Information
Betterlifehealthcare Ltd. is a public authority for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. These Acts impose on us a legal obligation to provide information to anybody making a request through an approved publication scheme (in England this is also known as a Guide to Information). The general presumption is that information relating to our services must be disclosed. However, there are a number of exemptions set out in the relevant Act which enable us to limit what we provide.
The publication scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Betterlifehealthcare Ltd.
Please click here for our Publication Scheme Guide to Information which is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please click here for our Publication Scheme which is made under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
The personal data we collect
In order to provide you with the services you require, we will collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications. These will include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number and details that are relevant to the service(s) in which you are interested. Further details of the personal data we collect are as follows:
- If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone numbers. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password
- Details of your interactions with us through contact centres, in store, online or by using one of our apps
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came to us from
- Personal details which help us to recommend areas of interest
- Payment card information
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit a shop or car park
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
- Information about other people: if you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on this site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Will Use Your Information
We will primarily use the personal information:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, apps or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond effectively. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service. With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest but based on the consent you have given for us to do so.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To communicate with you in the event that any services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the services we offer
- To create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them
- To capture your product reviews, for example when you buy goods and services from us we may follow it up with an enquiry about your experience of the product to help us gauge customer satisfaction. You are not obligated to leave reviews and ratings but this facility would enable you to get your views of the product across should you wish to do so.
Offers and Opportunities
We would like to contact you and/or any person whose information you provide to us, to tell you and/or them about offers and opportunities that are available and about a range of other initiatives in a number of ways, including by post, telephone, text/picture/video message or by email.
Details of how to opt-in to receiving details of offers are on relevant pages of this website. You can change your/their mind at any time (see the section "How to contact us" below).
We take the security of personal information seriously. We employ security technology, including firewalls, and Secure Socket Layers to safeguard information and have procedures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
Updating and Correcting Information
You may update or correct your personal information online in the My Account area or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section "How to contact us" below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
Your Rights to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal information you provide to us.
How to Contact Us
Telephone: 01772 644 288. Calls from a landline will be charged at standard rate. Costs from mobiles may vary. Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm, Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Data Protection Officer
Matrix Industrial Park,
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies and suggest that you check this page periodically to review our latest policies.